Statistics show that only 32% of IT projects succeed, and the rest 68% fail. Even if you have a great software idea and start developing it optimistically, you are likely to become part of the unfortunate two-thirds of failing projects. How can you avoid it?
Software quality assurance is often the answer. It is a powerful practice that helps to build your product’s future success all the way through the development process. But before elaborating on it, we’d like to stress a few signs of your project not moving in the right direction.
Why software quality assurance is key
Every software has bugs. Even if a product works well within your development team, it won’t necessarily work well in the users’ hands. Project managers must juggle many balls in the air to keep software development on time and within budget but should never compromise quality to get scalable and appealing products.
Without any exaggeration, quality assurance is the cure for all software diseases. If you ignore it, especially in the early stages of development, you risk having huge troubles go unnoticed. Then you will have two options: either to give up with your product because of the tremendous list of bugs or to pay a lot of money for fixing the bugs.